Music Box Alpha Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dag

Missing cover images

Hi,

Just purchased and installed Music Box Alpha, and got a couple of questions:

1. When importing my music only about 20% got a cover image. What can I do to fix this ?

2. After importing my music I found some of my albums to have wrong tags. I updated with correct information, but this is not reflected in Music Box Alpha - the album is still displayed with wrong information. To test I re-installed Music Box Alpha, and then the album was correctly displayed (artist name). Any way to refresh without having to re-install the application ?

Dag

Hi Dag, thanks for the purchase! Album covers currently only come from the file tags, and in some cases from folder.jpg, etc. Did you already have images for your music there? Artist images are automatically downloaded but unfortunately album images don't automatically download yet, though this is coming.

Per #2, we plan to add better ways to refresh music, but in the mean time you can simply remove the folder from the music folders, and then re-add it. :)

Hi Jason,

Yes, I have images for all covers so I will update the file tags. Thank's for the information.

Keep up the good work :)

• Like 1

Hi Jason, just wanted to mention that if I remove a folder from music folders and re-add it, it does not import new album art from the mp3. It instead uses the old images left behind in cache. As soon as I delete the old images from cache it pulls in the new ones from the mp3 tags.

I like the idea of an album art downloader, but please make it optional. I would personally like to use only the art that is embedded in tags, and have an option to refresh all images.

Edited by edge3000
addition