Music Box Alpha Forums
quantock

After starting an album midway through playback jumps to Track 1

Something I've noticed is that when starting an album midway through, for example at track 5 or 6 (or anything other than 1) the Now Playing playlist will jump back to track one after the selected track completes, begin playing the album from the beginning, then skip over the track you had first selected (but had already listened to), and then play the rest of the album.

So for example, if I start an album at track 5, track 5 will play to completion, then the playlist will jump back to track 1, then it will play track 1-4.  Once it reaches track 5 it will skip over it, I guess because it's 'already been played' and then tracks 6 to the end of the album will play.

Ever other media player I've ever used, and the behavior which I would expect/want is that the album would progress normally from where it was started, so if track 5 was selected, then track 6 would play when it was done, and the album would progress normally to the end.

I can't say I remember this happening in the earlier releases.. it seems to maybe have started after the last update or two, probably when changes were made to the Now Playing queue.  I imagine this is not intended behavior.. but possibly it is.  If it is working as intended, I ask that you please reconsider!!  As always, thanks for your time and keep up the good work 🙂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, quantock said:

Something I've noticed is that when starting an album midway through, for example at track 5 or 6 (or anything other than 1) the Now Playing playlist will jump back to track one after the selected track completes, begin playing the album from the beginning, then skip over the track you had first selected (but had already listened to), and then play the rest of the album.

So for example, if I start an album at track 5, track 5 will play to completion, then the playlist will jump back to track 1, then it will play track 1-4.  Once it reaches track 5 it will skip over it, I guess because it's 'already been played' and then tracks 6 to the end of the album will play.

Ever other media player I've ever used, and the behavior which I would expect/want is that the album would progress normally from where it was started, so if track 5 was selected, then track 6 would play when it was done, and the album would progress normally to the end.

I can't say I remember this happening in the earlier releases.. it seems to maybe have started after the last update or two, probably when changes were made to the Now Playing queue.  I imagine this is not intended behavior.. but possibly it is.  If it is working as intended, I ask that you please reconsider!!  As always, thanks for your time and keep up the good work 🙂

I actually just noticed this myself yesterday, exactly the same behaviour. Start with a track in the middle of a album and it plays that track and then starts playing the album from the beginning once that track has finished.

Hey guys, put out a couple updated versions in the last few days. This issue should be fixed (as well as some others). :)