Music Box Alpha Forums
Cheetos

Can I edit a song's/albums metadata through MBA and will it also be written into music file itself?

I mean will I be able to change the info on the tracks themselves as well? Second question; does MBA have a database that can pull metadata/album art like Launchbox does?

Posted (edited)

I guess there is no way to automatically find the song info and such like Launchbox finds rom info.

Edited by Cheetos

Hi Cheetos, MBA does use fanart.tv to retrieve images, and can retrieve song info as well via CueRipper when ripping. But currently there's no way to scan already-ripped music and pull down metadata automatically.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the reply. I started using Mp3tag for that purpose still though it's too manual and takes too much time :/

38 minutes ago, Cheetos said:

Thanks for the reply. I started using Mp3tag for that purpose still though it's too manual and takes too much time :/

Are you ripping music? Or just trying to fix bad metadata in your existing collection?

Posted (edited)

Actually both. I have a relatively large music library that I've been "maintaining" since I got my first PC. It's rather messy. Being able to sort out my game collection through Launchbox inspired me :D I saw Music Box ad on LB splash screen.

Edited by Cheetos

1 hour ago, Cheetos said:

Actually both. I have a relatively large music library that I've been "maintaining" since I got my first PC. It's rather messy. Being able to sort out my game collection through Launchbox inspired me :D I saw Music Box ad on LB splash screen.

Gotcha. I've added automatic metadata downloading to my to-do list. :)

• Thanks 2