Jump to content
Music Box Alpha Forums
Yondax

GAMEPAD SUPPORT

Recommended Posts

Thanks Yondax, good to know. I believe that's the first request I've had for gamepad support, so I probably won't be able to prioritize it for the moment, but I'll keep that in mind going forward.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hmm maybe it would make more sense to have better keyboard only support for navigating the interface.  currently the keyboard arrow keys scroll and goes forward and back sometimes .. not even really sure how they are behaving but maybe allow selecting albums/songs with arrow keys etc. + press enter to play  then he can use some kind of key mapper software if he wants to use a controller.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, quantock said:

hmm maybe it would make more sense to have better keyboard only support for navigating the interface.  currently the keyboard arrow keys scroll and goes forward and back sometimes .. not even really sure how they are behaving but maybe allow selecting albums/songs with arrow keys etc. + press enter to play  then he can use some kind of key mapper software if he wants to use a controller.

Yeah, agreed. I definitely need to improve keyboard navigation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was fiddling around with musicbox and got the idea to add it to LB/BB. Then it occurred to me that gamepad support would make this already amazing software, even better. Maybe coming up with a plugin for LB/BB to incorporate MBA to the setup would be great, cause then gamepad support would just seamlessly be integrated...idk anything about this level of coding so as easy as I am making it sound, it could be a monumental task....just a suggestion @Jason Carr

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/3/2019 at 6:52 AM, Yondax said:

need gamepad support to purchase it.

good idea, but your air of arrogance is unbecoming. @Jason Carr owes you, me or anybody else, nothing. He does this out of passion, it just so happens that he's a really good and stand up guy. So he lets this type of arrogance roll of his back. Me though, i dont let that kind of attitude slide without at least telling you how you look. I believe in peace, kindness and doing good by others. You attract bees with honey, not vinegar. So, just remember there is always more than one way to say something. There's more than one way to skin a cat. If you just stop for a moment and think of a way to say something, you may get further. I'm not one of those crybaby millennials  that are worried about feelings either. I just believe ghandi was right.

Edited by ran2wall
spelling errors

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/21/2019 at 10:17 AM, ran2wall said:

good idea, but your air of arrogance is unbecoming. @Jason Carr owes you, me or anybody else, nothing. He does this out of passion, it just so happens that he's a really good and stand up guy. So he lets this type of arrogance roll of his back. Me though, i dont let that kind of attitude slide without at least telling you how you look. I believe in peace, kindness and doing good by others. You attract bees with honey, not vinegar. So, just remember there is always more than one way to say something. There's more than one way to skin a cat. If you just stop for a moment and think of a way to say something, you may get further. I'm not one of those crybaby millennials  that are worried about feelings either. I just believe ghandi was right.

@ran2wall It's best not to belittle others like that, especially when you have no idea where the other person is coming from. It's a very common situation on these forums for English to not always be people's first language, and so they can easily come off as blunt without it being intentional. That's just one example. Going forward, please refrain from drama-causing stuff like this.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

@ran2wall It's best not to belittle others like that, especially when you have no idea where the other person is coming from. It's a very common situation on these forums for English to not always be people's first language, and so they can easily come off as blunt without it being intentional. That's just one example. Going forward, please refrain from drama-causing stuff like this.

I agree, and apologize. I was wasn't trying to cause drama. You prove exactly what I mean though, about being a standup guy. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...